CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, January 5, 2009

A parent's love

I was reading an article out of a magazine recently.  I loved the correlation that it made between how we as parents deal with children and how are Father in Heaven deals with us.

Eli has been difficult lately and I have been feeling inadequate as mother and how I am dealing with my frustration.  I read this article and it made me cry, thinking about how awesome God’s love is.  It was just what I needed to hear.  Here is an excerpt. 

God knew every sleep-deprived thought I’d ever have, every burst of anger I’d ever display, every chink in my armor, every dark corner of my unloving heart.  He knew I’d be selfish and irrational, forgetful and unorganized, inadequate and completely incapable.

            And yet he still chose me.

            And he still chose you.

God still chooses neurotic, insecure women to be moms because he knows that parenthood provides one of the best pictures he could give us of his unconditional love.  He chose parenthood so that one day we could look into the eyes of our children, clearly see all their failures and shortcomings and, without hesitation from the very depths of our soul, say, “I love you no matter what.”

All with the hope that in this image, we’ll see the shadow of another; the reflection that is us – broken children standing before a loving father.  And in spite of us, God loves us with a love that transcends understanding.

MomSense Jan/Feb 2009 p25

 

I think about how much I love Eli, in the midst of him driving me crazy.  I just love the idea that God made us parents, so that we could have a glimpse of how much he loves us, despite how much I’m driving Him crazy.

Thank you Lord for your timing in letting me read this article and for a deeper understanding of your love.

 John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

2 comments:

Peter Cornish said...

I really enjoyed reading this testimony. I have often thought that God had a plan for us in parenthood.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm so thankful that my grandchildren have parents dedicated to a life of prayer and service. The testimony has certainly been evidenced in the life of my children who have grown into wonderful adults in spite of the mistakes their parents made in raising them up! Thank goodness their heavenly father jsutified our shortcomings!