This is one of my faavorite personal expriences I have ever had with the Lord and has helped guide my path.
One summer in high school, I was at a senior high camp outside of Columbia, MO. I decided that I would take considerable time out to fast over several days. I spent a lot of time reading scripture and praying for several of my friends. I didn’t tell anyone what I was doing or what I was praying about. I didn’t even tell my sister, who was also at the camp with me. In many ways I was kind of a hermit that week. Instead of going to some of the activities I spent the time reading my scriptures, praying and fasting. As the week went on, I began to wonder if God was hearing my prayers. Did He even know who I was. As insignificant as I am, was he interested?
On the last day of camp we had a dedication service to finish the week off. At that service another camper, whom I had not spoken much to, stood up and spoke. She said, “Erin, Jesus wants you to know that if you will witness to your friends, he will make you strong.” Wow! The Spirit flooded over me strongly and I began to cry. I had not told anyone what I had been praying about and here God was speaking directly to me, addressing my needs and desires. More than that, he had called me by name. He knew my name! He knew my concerns and he cared enough about me to tell me so. That was a life changing experience from my youth. I remember I was on a spiritual high afterwards, even when I got home. Even today I feel the Spirit when I think about this testimony. How important it is for all of us to know that Jesus knows our name and loves us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment