My sister wrote this and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. I am posting it here for safe keeping, so that I can be reminded of it often.
true love
Sunday, February 8, 2009
The women in my family have a quirky habit of speaking aloud their confessions of love for their husbands when no one is around. It is said in slightly more than a whisper and somewhat under their breath. My mom says, "Alan" when she thinks about my dad or how much she loves him. My sister says, "I love you" when she thinks of Peter or when she does something that embarasses her. Somehow reminding herself of his presence in her life brings her comfort. The funny thing is, they don't realize they've said it aloud. If I overhear my sister's quiet "I love you," I'll respond "I love you, too" just to draw her attention to it. We usually laugh because we both know she wasn't saying it to me, but somehow confessing it into the universe which delivers it to Peter. :)
Tonight I was thinking back about my day as I was putting away my laundry. I had just come from an awesome church meeting where some tangeable plans for Zionic living were discussed and plans made to implement them. It got me thinking even further about how present God has been in my life lately. I'm feeling Him daily working in my life, molding and changing me into a new creature. I'm coming to know and understand him more in ways that are exciting for me. I even had a friend correct my actions today and rather than being hurt or defensive, I found myself thankful for his love in desiring for me to be a better person. Because of that love, I understood God's love in my life even more. While thinking about these things, I found myself saying aloud, "Love you Lord." I said it before I even realized what I was doing. After I said it, I laughed - realizing I had inherited that same quirky habit of speaking aloud my confession of love for the one I love. Then I cried...because I truely felt the true love for the one who created me and in return the deepness of His love for me.
With Valentine's Day around the corner, I wanted to share my confession of love! I know that may sound odd to some, but I am more aware than ever of true love this year! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment