Galatians 5: 22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law.
At a prayer service before reunion Dad read this scripture several times. We were asked to really think about a specific fruit of the Spirit that we would like to have in our lives and pray for it that week. The two fruits that I chose were joy and faith. I wanted a joy that people would be able to see and a stronger faith to help make a difference in people’s lives.
I could feel my joy becoming more full at reunion and I have continued to have the gift of joy for two months now. I have a noticeably different appreciation for my life. I find myself being so grateful for each day with my kids. I feel like I am able to deal with them with so much more love and patience. I am so appreciative of my husband also.
I especially noticed more joy when Peter left for a few days several weeks ago to minister in Austin, TX. Normally I would be worried about being alone with a new baby and toddler. When Peter leaves I can tend to get overwhelmed and sometimes a little sullen. I did not feel any of these things while he was gone. I honestly loved every moment I had with the kids for those few days. I was also able to be very productive. I actually got more done than when Peter is home. It’s hard to explain, but as I was going throughout my days while Peter was gone, I felt like I was reminded of my desire for joy and that the Lord was showing me that he was giving me this gift.
Now, recently with Kyle doing so well, how can that do anything but strengthen my faith.
I am so grateful for the gifts of the Spirit, joy and faith, that the Lord has given to me. I encourage you to read over the fruits of the Spirit several times and ask God to give you the fruit that you need most in your life.
2 comments:
Thanks for posting this Erin. I wish we could have been at reunion.
I'm so thankful for your willingness to share your testimonies. Can't wait for more.
Post a Comment